Unlawful Detainer Representation in Central Florida
As property owners in Orlando and throughout Central Florida, you deserve the highest level of protection and representation when dealing with unlawful detainer issues. At Morey Law Firm, P.A., our experienced attorneys have years of expertise in helping property owners like you to assert your rights and find solutions to the most complex unlawful detainer situations.
What is an Unlawful Detainer?
An unlawful detainer is when an individual remains on a property without the legal right or permission of the property owner. This can happen with a romantic partner who refuses to leave, when someone takes up residence without any legal agreement in place, or anyone who is essentially a squatter. Most importantly, there cannot exist a landlord/tenant relationship between the occupant and the owner or their agent.
Key Factors that Influence Unlawful Detainer Cases in Central Florida
- Tourism and Seasonal Rentals: With Orlando being a hub for tourists, many property owners opt for short-term rentals. Sometimes, guests overstay their welcome, leading to potential unlawful detainer situations.
- Economic Shifts: Economic downturns can lead to desperate times often causing squatters to take up possession of a property unlawfully.
- Lack of Clear Leasing Agreements: In some cases, informal lease agreements or oral contracts can lead to confusion about occupancy rights. This situation is most often seen between family members and romantic partners.
The Unlawful Detainer Process in Central Florida
For many property owners, understanding the unlawful detainer process can be daunting. Here is a simplified outline of what you can expect:
- Notice to Quit: Although Florida does not necessarily require providing the unlawful occupant with nothing before filing the lawsuit, we often find it beneficial to serve the individual with a written notice to vacate the premises.
- Filing a Complaint: If the individual fails to leave after receiving the notice, the property owner can file a formal complaint in the court.
- Court Hearing: A court date is set where both parties present their cases. The judge will then make a ruling based on the evidence provided.
- Writ of Possession: If the judge rules in favor of the property owner, a writ of possession is issued, and the sheriff’s department can assist in removing the individual from the property.
- Reclaiming Your Property: Once the individual has been removed, you can finally reclaim full possession of your property.
Defending Your Rights as a Property Owner
Central Florida, with its booming real estate market and dynamic growth, has its share of property disputes. As a property owner, you need representation that is proactive, vigilant, and thorough. At Morey Law Firm, P.A., we are committed to ensuring your rights are upheld and any encroachments are dealt with swiftly.
Why Orlando Property Owners Choose Morey Law Firm, P.A. for Unlawful Detainer Issues:
- Specialized Knowledge: Our attorneys are well-versed in Florida’s property laws and stay updated on any legislative changes that might affect property owners in Central Florida.
- Personalized Representation: Every property and situation is unique. We offer tailored solutions to meet the individual needs of each property owner.
- Proven Track Record: With numerous successful cases in our portfolio, our commitment to excellence has made us a preferred choice for property owners across Central Florida.
Why Timely Action is Essential
Unlawful detainer situations can escalate if not addressed promptly. Delays can lead to:
- Loss of Rental Income: Each day a squatter unlawfully occupies your property is potential rental income lost.
- Property Damage: Unlawful occupants may not have the same level of care for your property.
- Legal Complications: The longer an unlawful tenant remains, the more complex the eviction process might become.
Ready to Reclaim Your Property?
If you’re dealing with unlawful detainer issues in Orlando or Central Florida, don’t face them alone. Trust the expertise and dedication of Morey Law Firm, P.A. to guide you through the process and ensure the best possible outcome for you.
Contact us today to discuss your situation and see how we can assist you in protecting your property and your rights.
Morey Law Firm, P.A.: Your Partner in Protecting Property Rights
Orlando and Central Florida’s property landscape can be intricate, but with the right legal partner by your side, you can navigate even the most challenging situations with confidence. At Morey Law Firm, P.A., our commitment is to protect your property rights and ensure that you can enjoy the benefits of your investment without any undue stress.
For a personalized assessment of your unlawful detainer situation, please use our online case evaluation. Should you wish to converse directly, ring us at 407-426-7222.